The cornea unit consists of well-trained corneal surgeons and is well equipped with instrumentation and technology to provide state-of-the-art care for patients suffering from a wide variety of corneal diseases.
The cornea unit caters to the efficient diagnosis and management of a wide range of corneal diseases
- Congenital and hereditary corneal disorders
- Corneal infections like corneal ulcers(bacterial, fungal, viral)
- Allergic eye diseases
- Immunologic disorders of cornea
- Keratoconus and other corneal degenerations
- Ocular surface disorders like chemical injuries, Stevens Johnson's syndrome
- Ocular surface tumors etc.
Chandigarh Eye Care has an anterior segment imaging equipment with access to state-of-the-art technology.
Facilities & Diagnostic Services available:
- CornealTopography(PENTACAM, OPD-3 SCAN)- Evaluates shape and power of corneal surface.
- Pachymetry- Measurement of corneal thickness
- Specialized Contact lens fitting – for irregular cornea, keratoconus and for therapeutic purposes
Variety of surgeries for ocular surface disorder:
- Ocular surface reconstruction
- Pterygium surgery with autograft
- Surgeries for Steven Johnson syndrome, chemical injury
- Amniotic membrane grafting
- Mucous membrane grafting
- Stem cell transplant (Simple limbal epithelial transplant(SLET)
- Incision/Excision biopsy for ocular surface tumour
- Collagen cross linking(KXL,C3R). A new modality for arresting progression of keratoconus by strengthening the corneal collagen fibres, involving the use of UV-Light and Riboflavin.
- Toric ICL lenses to remove the refractive error for keratoconus patients
- Rigid contact lenses(RGP)
- Hybrid contact lenses (Rose-K)
- Scleral contact lenses